Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Black and Turquoise Artist Trading Block

Hi everyone! Melissa here with my take on our artist trading block.  

I painted my block with white gesso, then black acrylic, then a coat of glossy accents.

  I felt that the chipboard and doilies I put on the block perfectly complemented the theme, and era of the images.

I painted all the chipboard with gesso, then turquoise Viva Color Precious Metal Effects. I didn't need gesso on the doilies,and I also painted them in turquoise. On some chipboard I added a little bronze paint,  stickles, green Lumieres, and/or diamond glaze coating.  I embellished my block with images, bling, metal, feathers, beads, moss, pearls, and lace.

Thanks for looking!








Chipboard used:


Other products used:
Folk Art black acrylic paint
Viva Color Precious Metal Effect Paint in turquoise, and bronze
Jaquard Lumieres in green
black ink
Graphic 45 paper
Tim Holtz metal
Judy Kins Diamond Glaze
Glossy Accents
Jolee's Bling
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Jaquard Mica powder
Feathers, seed beads, bling , flower, and chain from my stash




No comments:

Post a Comment