Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 29, 2015

After The Rain

For the January Inspiration Board Challenge at Scraps of Darkness, Scraps of Elegance Mixed Media Community.

My Sister-In-Law took this beautiful photo at Sunken Meadow State Park . It's on the North Shore of Long Island, New York .


I mixed Windsor and Newton watercolors and Twinkling H20s to get the blue color.

I applied blue chalk over the dried crackle, to show the cracks .

I stamped on some tiny snowflakes. I put silver perfect pearls over them so they didn't make as much contrast against the pale background.















The feather has several layers of things. Gesso, then a mix of blue watercolors and pink Twinkling H20s. I put on a layer of Utee and heated it. I put on the same mix of paint, then another layer of Utee I painted it with Plaid liquid leaf paint in silver, sprinkled some silver glass glitter on, then painted again with the same silver. I put on the same mix of paint, then another layer of Utee I painted it with Plaid liquid leaf paint in silver, sprinkled some silver glass glitter on, then painted again with the same silver. 

I put glossy accents around the feather, and in between the spaces.  I poured on embossing powder, and left it unheated.



An earring from my sister, underneath a flower I made. I used handmade paper that had a silver glitter pattern on it. I used a Tim Holtz die. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! This page is absolutely gorgeous, my friend! I love all of your beautiful details and the amazing photo! Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete