Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Scenic Photo



Scenic Photo

This layout is inspired by the soft colors of the vintage books, roses, and peaceful mood of all the photos in the April Inspiration Board Challenge. 

On a  12 x 12 piece of watercolor paper I painted stripes of colors on,using a #8 flat brush . I used Twinkling H20s and Winsor and Newton watercolors.  I made a few layers on a lot of the page,letting each layer dry before I put another one on.

 I sponged on gesso in different areas because I wanted to soften the hard edges of the stripes. I let it dry partially,then misted water on, I turned the page around to make the water and gesso mix run and drip all over.

I stenciled on some modeling paste.

I punched a border of holes with an embroidery needle, and stitched a line all around, using a backstitch.  I flipped the ppr so that what you see is the reverse of that stitch.

I put silver perfect pearls all over. I brushed on blue chalk, and also purple mica powder.
  
I put a few layers of Twinkles on the edges.  
I put crackle accents on the upper right, and when dry brushed on blue chalk to emphasize the cracks. I rubbed on some perfect pearls, and then a layer of paint.













2 comments:

  1. Don't you just LOVE those billowing clouds that we get way down in the South! Beautiful colors for a beautiful photo, Melissa! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo and the layout is so magical, with beautiful colors and texture! Love the closeup photos, so much detail to see.

    ReplyDelete