Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Purple Shine


I used the beautiful Scraps of Elegance July kit Patricia's Memoirs with this photo of me, from a long time ago. I'm standing in the backyard of a small house my husband and I rented for awhile, he was working nearby. That house you see wasn't mine. It was one street over on the Pacific Ocean, at Channel Islands, Oxnard, California.
This was one of the best times of my life.






The piece with the purple flower is canvas. I painted it with oil paint and gelatos, then brushed on some mica powder,and finally I brushed on puddles of a mix of blue and purple  Lindy's Stamp Gang colors.

I put a paintbrush into a container of gesso, then literally flung it onto the paper, I'de say half a teaspoon.I repeated this in three or four areas of the page. I  then painted with layers of Twinkling H20s, thin layers of gesso, and more paint. In some areas its obvious I left the top layer just gesso.  I rubbed in some grey mica powder on the left side of the page. I covered the whole page with white mica powder, it makes everything look better, and takes the dull look off the gesso. 






The sun kind of bleaches out the color, but you can see all the shine from the mica.  I find direct light shows every single detail, but on the negative side, you get a lot of shadows that also cover up things.





2 comments:

  1. very pretty Melissa...both you and the LO! You have a very unique style! Love the colors : )

    ReplyDelete