Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Garden Party

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a vintage page, I hope you like it.


The little gold flowers are glued onto twisted wire.

When I use stamps, I sponge on a little gesso over them after the ink has dried. I like a softer look, and the page doesn't get as busy.

On most of my pages I sponge a lot of gesso on.  This makes a nice base for the paint, otherwise it would get absorbed by the paper too much.  It also lets me use a lot of detail that might get lost in the pattern of the paper.


The little metal heart at the upper left of the photo is Vintaj.


I like the look of black tulle on vintage pages.  It's kind of romantic, and a little creepy at the same time.


I found the little gold fabric flower under the big Prima flower at Tuesday Morning. It came with some feathers.  I've used several of the flowers on older pages.



Here you can see the twisted wire and flowers. The clay butterfly is one I made using a Martha Stewart silicone mold.  I put gesso on, then a little gold lumiere paint, and some silver perfect pearls powder. I used MS molds for some round items also.




This is the page in the sun. I love how it shows every detail. 

1 comment:

  1. The gold is really pretty! I think this is the first time I've seen you do a gold page like this. Perfect for the cool photo!

    ReplyDelete