Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Just the Two of Us

Hi everyone, this is a page about two of my favorite people, my son and his girlfriend.



I started by layering paper for the piece under the photo. I put on gesso in the center with a brush, and then stencilled on some texture paste. I splattered on brown watercolor,and then some crackle accent. I did some stamping around the edges. I put the center layers and photo on. The gold lace flower from the wonderful Tresors de Luxe company, at the upper right of the photo was one of the first embellishments I put on. Another one is the gold and diamond heart. 

 I painted a pink, and then a green circle around the layers. Originally this was going to be very plain, but things changed.  I put brownish green watercolor over the pink and green.  The page got too busy,which happens a lot to me.  I sponged gesso on to soften edges and blur a lot of the stamping,paint, and anything else that was distracting. 




I brushed on silver mica powder all over the page.
I put some flowers on, then pearls, metal,bling,and some feathers.




Can you tell that embellishing pages is one of my favorite things?



The last thing I added was a piece of gold embroidery floss.



Earlier I'de added glitter,microbeads, seed beads, and glitter glue around the edges of the page.



 Here you can see more of the detail in the headdress.

Thank you so much for looking!  

No comments:

Post a Comment