Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My Wedding Day



Hi everyone! Melissa here with a page for Tresors de Luxe. The delicacy and detail of the lace is amazing, and the rhinestone mask adds a lot of sparkle.




I put gesso on the page with a credit card, and a cosmetic sponge, so the watercolors wouldn't soak through the paper. Then I poured some gesso straight out of the jar on either side of the page, and drew the handle of a paintbrush through it, to resemble feathers.  I took a straight pin to put in more details, using a real feather as a reference.  




You can see the feathery look better here.
I applied texture paste with a few stencils.
 I mixed up different watercolors and patted some on at the top of the page with a one inch wide brush, then moved the page around and let the colors run all over. I used a heat gun to dry the paint between different colors.
 I embossed the page in silver embossing powder using a variety of stamps.
 The page was embellished with the mask and lace, among other things. The little blue flowers were made using a die, and all the small pearls above the mask and on the rest of the page are left over from a Tresors de Luxe applique that I used on an previous layout.
The rhinestone mask also looks like a butterfly to me, so I put some feelers on it. 




I put a lot of pewter and gold mica powder on the page.




 I used little pieces from some beautiful ivory lace.





Thanks for looking, and I hope you liked it!  Go on over to Tresors de Luxe and get yourself some beautiful things to add to your pages and projects. The variety is amazing, and so is the quality.


Tresors de Luxe Products Used:


 





Rhinestone Mask Charm ~ Jewelry Findings for Cell Phone and Tablet Case Decorations, Charm Bracelets, Crafting Charms, etc CH-037










No comments:

Post a Comment