Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Woman, Birds, and Nest


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a page for Paper House. I love using the ColorWays papers, the images are so beautiful.




Supplies Used:





To make this page. I started by cutting up some paper, and arranging the pieces underneath the photo.

 Using a stencil, I applied texture paste at the upper left. 

I glued on squares of foam core board underneath the arrangement to give some dimension, and sponged on gesso around the edges.  I painted over the gesso with watercolors.and watersoluble oil pastels.


I used several different things to give more texture to the page: microbeads, crackle paint, glass glitter, seed beads,lace, and ribbon are a few.

I made a crown/bird's nest out of crystals, dried moss, embroidery floss, feathers, silver chain, and small pearls.



To kind of blend the colors together, I brushed on a lot of turquoise mica powder.



As the final step, I wanted to give the raised papers more definition. I took a watercolor pencil, and drew lines around a lot of the edges, and brushed water over them.  On top of that, I painted on a mix of green and brown water soluble oil pastels. 

Thanks for looking, and I hope you liked my page!

4 comments:

  1. Love this Melissa! Very pretty blue-green tones. I especially LOVE the bird nest crownQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is gorgeous. I love these colors and the project looks so magical. I went and looked and those papers are awesome. Great image to scrap. I also love the closeups being able to see all the details. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just died and went to heaven... Under the sea ;)
    Such an amazing piece, texture wise, color wise and technique wise. Absolute stunning and breathtaking. My new all time favorite!♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Hahaha time to pin this post.

    ReplyDelete