Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Oh Snap!


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a mixed media card for Paper House. I enjoyed using the stickers a lot because they're so fun, beautiful, and colorful! They add a lot of dimension and visual interest to the page.



 Supplies Used:




To make this card I cut a sheet of 12 x 12 watercolor paper in half, and folded it. I covered the front with gesso. While it was wet I applied ripped up strips of paper,put more gesso on top,then dried it with a heat gun. I applied some texture paste with a stencil. I took my Faber-Castell water soluble oil pastels, and scribbled black around the margin, and different areas all over the card. I sprayed it with water and brushed the areas where the lines were to soften them. I held the card upright and let the colors run all over. This is how the black lines by the strips were made. I did the same with some scribbled on brown.  I painted on some of a sap green and brown Winsor and Newton watercolors. You can put on as much color as you want, just avoid the paper strips because they will rip.





The butterfly is a Sizzix die cut,made with white cardstock. I painted it with some teal Lindy's Stamp Gang,then some gesso, followed by yellow watercolors, I inked the edges with brown ink, and outlined the indented areas with a brown watercolor pencil. I softened the lines with some water on a paintbrush.



I used a yellow watercolor pencil on the right margin, and left them as is. I painted scattered areas with yellow watercolor paint. I put the stickers on, then decided they needed some white around them. I dabbed on some gesso, dried it, then applied the stickers. I rubbed on some gold mica powder in different spots.



Thanks so much for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment