Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Believe




 Hi everyone! Melissa here with an art journal page for you.  I love the detail and intense colors of Paper House products, so I made a stunning pink dahlia image the center of the page.





Supplies Used:







I used a page of a  9 x 12 watercolor book to support all the media I wanted to use. I prepped the page with white gesso, followed by texture paste applied through some paper die cuts.  I used pink shimmery watercolor, and water soluble oil pastels. I didn't have a sprays in the colors I wanted to use, so I mixed what I had with water, and brushed a lot on the diamond texture. I tipped the page in different directions, let the color run all over,misted it with water to soften and blend it,and used a heat gun to dry it. I used the same process for the green. I glued the beautiful flower image onto a piece of paper and put it on the page. To add more texture I added glass glitter, micro beads, seed beads, and threads I pulled from a piece of gauze. I lightly brushed the pink crayon over the diamond texture along the outer edges of the page, and misted it. I added green watercolor randomly in between the diamonds.  If any of the  colors ran I blotted them off with a paper towel.





To add more visual interest I put on butterfly and rose stickers, rub ons, flowers,bling, stamps, a cut up black and white vintage photo, and die cuts.




The page looked too busy, so I brushed white gesso over some areas. Along the edges of the page I brushed it on lightly, as an accent.




I don't really like a mat white look, so I brushed pearl mica powder over all the areas I'd used gesso.

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Another very cool page Melissa! The colors, textures, embellishments are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete