Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 5, 2016

Peacock Feather


Happy Labor Day Paper House Fans! Melissa joining you today with an art journal page for you, using a stunning photo from the Emerald Colorways Collection. Check out the shimmering, iridescent colors of the peacock feather!. It inspired me to frame it with blues,greens, and lots of shine.



Supplies Used:








To make this page I used a 9 x 12 watercolor paper art journal.  I started by applying texture paste through a stencil. I splattered on layers of teal, purple, and gold with a brush, drying after each layer. I repeated this two more times, then misted with water.  I sponged on gesso randomly because the page seemed too busy. I applied a lot of things to create more texture: microbeads, seed beads, glass glitter, glitter glue, rhinestones, pearls, thread, mica flakes, and sequins.





I dry brushed gesso over the top of all the elements, and then painted with a teal color.





I put on some adorable frog and butterfly rub ons to create more visual interest.




Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!

1 comment: