Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 2, 2016

The Wizard of Oz


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a page for Paper House, featuring the beautiful new Wizard of Oz line! The images and colors used on the paper are inspirational, and fun to work with! 




Supplies Used:




To make this page I put the image onto watercolor paper, and gave it some dimension on the page by putting a piece of foam core board underneath it. I put on some texture paste with a stencil. Using crackle medium I glued on a strip of gauze around the picture.  To make a surface  to paint on, I covered the gauze with gesso, and sprinkled on gold micro beads. 



 I applied blue watercolor, then blue water soluble oil pastel. I added different shades of mica flakes, blue pearls, rhinesones,tulle, and beads, to add more texture.


 In random areas I rubbed on gold and pearl colored mica powder, and clear crackle texture paste.  I drew around some of the texture paste with a black watercolor pencil, and softened the lines with water. I applied black water color all around the image to try and get the crackle lines and other textures more visible.




Thank you so much for taking a look, and have a great day!


1 comment: