Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 3, 2016

Peacock

Do you love color? I do, and here's a page that I think shows it. I used the beautiful Door to Atlantis Colorways paper from Paper House as my background for this project. I love how the paper creates a soft and peaceful mood . I found it hard to put anything on the gorgeous detail of these doors, but I plan on using the other piece I have for the cover of an art journal. 




Supplies Used:






To make this layout I sponged on gesso to prepare the background for the paint and textures I planned to use. I put the photo on watercolor paper with some foam core board in between to add dimension. I applied texture paste with a stencil, brushed on a layer of watercolors, then randomly dabbed on gold mica powder with my finger. I added more paint, and penciled in some areas with watercolor pencils. I glued on micro beads with glossy accents, and dabbed on another layer of mica.




I drew out some of the colors and details of the photo onto the paper behind it, and also used a blue butterfly to add visual interest.




I love the shimmery Gatsy Accent Pack pieces!




I used glass glitter, tulle,and a stamped peacock image, for more texture. Thanks for looking, and have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment