Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Hi everyone! Melissa here with another design team inspiration page for the May moodboard here at Mixed Media Warriors.  I felt like making a very feminine page, so I used a vintage wedding photo along with Blue Fern paper.


To make this page I applied texture paste with a Gabrielle Polloco stencil over gesso onto some Blue Fern paper, glued on some gauze, then applied embellishments. The little chipboard pieces are all Tim Holtz, the little hearts I had to make myself . I took the old Tim Holtz chipboard where the heart was already punched out, traced an outline with pencil onto watercolor paper, and cut it out. I prepped with white gesso and added Alchemy Opal Magic acrylic in pink/green, then topped it with a thick coat of clear crackle.  I let the pieces dry overnight.  

I added color with LSG and Faber Castelle watercolor crayons, then added more gesso because it looked too busy. I have to stand up from my desk to figure out a balance with all the items and paint. When the gesso was wet, and to add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, confetti stars, and mica flakes. I also painted all the items with a little gesso,then topped with watercolor, to sort of  tie everything together. 





I was fortunate to have this paper to match the colors for the month, and also my vintage pic.
I brushed on some thick acrylic gold paint by Firefly to some of the gauze, this seemed to warm things up.



As a final step I rubbed on Opal Magic wax in Green Brocade by Finnabair, to warm up the pale white, and dry look of the gesso. After the green I rubbed on gold wax in random spots.




The pink flower is Prima.  The little flowers are by Little B. The metal pieces are Tim Holtz. The word stickers are by 7 Dots, it's wonderful being able to find something to say that fits all on a sticker!


Thank you for looking, and have a great week!




































2 comments:

  1. Very lovely Melissa! Love the colors and the little flowers tucked here and there. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete