Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Father and Son

Hi everyone! Melissa here with my entry page for the More Than Words June Main Challenge,FATHER & STEAMPUNK.  My husband is an amazing father to our son, and that is how this months word inspired me. For the steampunk challenge, I used clocks, gears, and wings.



To make this page I painted chipboard with gesso, then Finnabair Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint Metallique Steampunk Copper. 



I added a variety of things for more visual interest, Ranger Embossing Antiquities Verdigris,microbeads, dark gold metal glitter, Finnabairs Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint Metallique Light Patina, Vintaj Paint in verdigris, seed beads, gilding flakes, Tattered Angels Rich in Mocha Glimmer mist, and Firefly gold acrylic stencil paint.



I cropped the photo and put some black ribbon on the top and bottom to make it fit. I glued everything onto 7 Gypsies Paper Maritime Collection: Sirene, and outlined it with a black Faber Castell gelato mixed with water. I painted with DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Brilliant Turquoise, glued on dry gold embossing powder, seed beads, and mica flakes.



The metal heart is from 7 Gypsies.
Thank you so much for looking,and have a great week!

Entered into the following contest:











6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Melissa! Thank you for joining us at More than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love this! Love how you ripped that background paper and all the steampunk elements! Thank you for playing along with at at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling page!Love the symbolism. All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete