Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 2, 2017

Bohemian Autumn


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a DT layout for the Mixed Media Warriors Challenge Blog



To make this page I used mat medium to glue the 7 Dots paper onto a piece of corrugated cardboard.  I shredded some of the top of another piece of cardboard for a mat. I put gesso on, then Prima Steampunk Copper, and layered it with embossing powder to give some texture. On the paper I put gesso on so any paint I put on wouldn't be absorbed by the paper. I applied texture paste with a Prima stencil, followed by Distress Ink. 


On the chipboard I painted on Clear Rock Candy over paint and gesso. I dyed some cheesecloth with a combination of Winsor and Newton watercolors, and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.


The butterflies are from Graphic 45. The brad there is Prima.


The metal at the lower right of the photo is Vintaj. I tucked in some black tulle around the edges to give some more definition to the layers. I glued on some pieces of dried moss to give a little more outdoors look to the page.




To add more detail I put on a number of things: metal wire, sequins, metal glitter, a few Swarovski crystals, micro beads, glass beads, mica flakes, mica powder, pearls, feathers, and broken jewelry.


At the top you can see one of Finnabair's metal butterflies.


Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!





3 comments:

  1. This is remarkable. I could literally look at the details for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Melissa. Love this ...so dimensional. ♡

    ReplyDelete