Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Jing Tian

Hi everyone! This is my entry for the October 2017 Dusty Attic Challenge.  


To make this page I took a piece of Pion paper and glued it to some cardboard. I wanted it to be free standing for when I took the photos, and I knew Id be putting on a lot of media, and wanted the paper to stay flat. I brushed on a layer of mat medium so that the paper didnt absorb paint that I planned to use.  I used the Cherry Blossom stencil from Prima to apply some texture paste. I had some cheesecloth from my last project to use on this one, I had dyed it black with gesso and water.  I painted a piece of cardboard Id shredded most of the top layer off with gesso, then steam punk copper, then a few layers of Ultra Thick Embossing Powder.  I rubbed on some gold mica powder on top.





The chipboard is coated with a layer of gesso, steampunk copper paint, gold mica powder rubbed on, and black gesso painted on the edges.
 I sure love the gorgeous swirls of the chipboard, it kind of forms a crown for Jing Tian, a famous Chinese actress.




I used foam core board to give the layers some height.  I put on black lace and started adding paint and textural items: micro beads, mica flakes in gold and copper, seed beads, copper metallic embroidery thread, metal glitter, seahorse charms, star confetti, rhinestones, sequins, bling, cultured pearls, and gold foil from a champagne bottle.  By the brown flower is a Tim Holtz key, a piece of painted glass, and part of a Vintaj metal flower.  I sponged on a fair amount of gesso on the page, it was getting too busy looking.





Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!



October Challenge 2017



2 comments:

  1. Quite outstanding Melissa! Very beautiful! Love the paper you chose for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Melissa!!!
    Hugs, Nora.

    ReplyDelete