Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 22, 2018

Snow Queen

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team inspiration page for Mixed Media Warriors, a page where I can do what I want.



To make this I used mainly Shimmerz Paints on watercolor paper.
 This is dedicated to my father in law, Einar Larson, who passed away four years ago.
 To the left of the photo I stamped a martini image, Einar used to enjoy one, along with some buttered saltine crackers in the evening. 
 I was inspired by photos of the Northern Lights, and of course the colors of the photo of the Snow Queen. 

Northern lights, a rainbow of color, the Cree Indians call them "dance of the spirit"






I misted water on the page, and quickly painted on stripes of colors of Shimmerz.I worked on one quadrant at a time.At the top of the page I painted stripes with Tattered Angels White Paint, and also just stripes of water. 



The chipboard at the bottom and right of the photo is from Dusty Attic, I painted it with Imperial Amethyst Inklingz by Shimmerz, and topped it with Clear Rock Candy Crackle paint. The pink flower is by Prima. The moth is from an acetate overlay,"A Letter to you", from the Until Dawn collection. The metal pieces at the bottom and top left of the photo fre Prima - Finnabair - Mechanicals - Steampunk Gears and Winter Trinkets. 


I stenciled on some texture paste with a bubble stencil from Prima. I added some SPLASH acrylic Ink! Glitter Turquoise, from 13 Arts. To add visual interest I put on some pink glitter glue, broken jewelry, a few metal snowflakes, sequins, two tags from 7 Dots, a Swarovski crystal, dried flowers from my yard,and a wooden reindeer I covered in hologram glitter.

Einar liked moose, so I stamped one on top of the blingy area.


The pink butterflies are from the Lemoncraft Violet Silence collection. The metal snowflake at the left of the photo is from Finnabair.


Here you can see some more pink and diamond small crystals.


I am entering this into this month's More Than Word's Challenge.

I'm dedicating this page to my father in law, Einar Larson, who celebrated his BIRTHDAY every December. His house was decorated for Christmas with lots of Swedish decorations on the tree, and all around the house. His parents were from there and he visited there several times. My husband and son went with him and my mother in law once. He has family near Stockholm, originally Ronneby.  I thought he would like this photo done by Linda Hallberg, a famous Swedish photographer. There are two TAGS at the top left of the photo.  


I am also entering this into the January Dusty Attic Challenge. I have used Dusty Attic Chipboard on the right and bottom of the photo.
























  




17 comments:

  1. Awesome page! Such gorgeous layers, textures and tiny details. Thanks for joining in at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous layout !! Beautiful work on watercolor paper !! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.Hugs !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Torsa! That's really sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Melissa, I am impressed with all the detailed work on this beautiful page !! I love it so much !! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words !! Have a nice day. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Heikes! Thank you so much for your comments, you are a dear!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful detailed work Melissa. Thanks for playing along with Dusty Attic's Moodboard this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina Ollett, your comments mean a lot to me!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for your sweet comments Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning creation Melissa. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your generous comments Cathy, they are terrific to hear!

      Delete
  8. Oh my this is stunning.Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words this month❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your generous comments Anguree, you are very kind!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments Nicole, they mean a lot to me!

      Delete
  10. Your canvas is stunning! Thanks for joining us at MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your sweet comment langeatheart!

    ReplyDelete