Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Travel Far and Wide

Hi everyone, Melissa here with a DT page for Shimmerz. Here's a link to the store,Shimmerz, you'll get a freebie if you mention my name when you place an order! These paints are a joy to work with, the quality is amazing!

]


To make this page I sprayed a 12 x 12 piece of watercolor paper with water. Working from left to right I painted on A Rose by Any Other Name,Celery Shimmerz, and Oakie Bear Blue. I misted more water on the paper when if it got too dry and continued adding colors.I dried it all with a heat gun, and then penciled in lines to carry out the green and brown of the photo onto the page.I painted on stripes of Greener Pastures, and Penny 4 Your Thoughts, and blended all the edges in with water on a brush.  I stenciled on Texturez Gold Mine with a bubble stencil. 
 I dabbed white gesso on the chipboard with a cosmetic sponge, then painted it with Greener Pastures, and while wet dropped in brushfuls of Celery Shimmerz. I dried it, then brushed all around the edges with Mochachino.I coated it with a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle, and when dry dabbed on Plum Crazy,Penny 4 Your Thoughts and Celery Green Shimmerz I put the photo on the page with two layers of foam core board to give it dimension.



I added more colors around the page, after each one I would dry it with a heat gun.



I painted each raised bubble with crackle, then circled Mochachino around them to accentute the crackle.To add visual interest I added glass glitter, glitter, pearls, lace, gauze dyed with Greener Pastures, seed beads, micro beads, tulle, flowers, Swarovski crystals, white silk ribbon dyed with Plum Crazy and Imperial Amethyst, rub ons, wire,dried flowers, and stickers.




I added more Celery Shimmers,Dear John Letter, and Plum Crazy to the left side of the page, dabbing them on with a small brush. At the end of making this, I wanted to take off some color to create negative space and balance, because the page was looking as if it had too much stuff on it.I dabbed on water with a brush, let it sit for two seconds, then blotted off the color with a paper towel.
Thank you so much for looking,and have a great day! I hope you find the time to create something!









No comments:

Post a Comment