Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 8, 2018

A Valentine's Day Page

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for Shimmerz!  Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays of the year. I've tried to express that with some beautiful colors from Shimmerz!



To make this page, I picked out colors I thought would look good with the mood and colors of the photo. I wanted to keep the very delicate and wispy kind of look. I chose Pink Shimmerz and Imperial Amethyst Inklingz.These are two colors that I especially love anyway, so it was a good day for me!  I activated the Inklingz by spritzing water on it. I misted a 12 x 12 sheet of watercolor paper and put vertical stripes of paint on, the length of the whole page. I moved it around to let the colors flow into each other and carefully dried it with a heat gun. Later I came back and with a brush put more water on above the photo, and applied 1" long strips of color on,and let the color just sit without moving it around. I filled my brush with Amethyst and dropped some in the Pink while it was still wet,then let everything air dry. I clean my scraproom sometimes,it gets tossed when I'm looking for stuff to put on the page.


I stenciled texture paste on with a stencil and a credit card. I painted around the raised areas with Pink Shimmerz, and while wet sprinkled on UTEE, Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, to add even more texture. I used a heat gun and melted the powder. Be careful when you do that because the powder gets all over everything,and its kind of sticky and gross.I propped up a piece of paper at 90degrees by the paint with my left hand,and had the heat gun in the other so the powder stayed in the area. 


I attached cardstock to the photo with double sided foam tape, and mounted it on two layers of foam core board to the page. I painted Dusty Attic chipboard with gesso, then Greener Pastures Inklingz, and topped it with Crackle paint. I didn't like the way the green looked with the purple and pink, so I added Imperial Amethyst. I rubbed on a little silver mica powder. The Bo Bunny butterfly has just gesso with the Amethyst and Pink on.


To add visual interest I glued on the following with glossy accents, distress glitter, metal glitter, clear mica flakes, seed beads, micro beads,pearls,rhinestones, two Swarovski crystals, lace, sequins, pressed flowers from my yard (see below),a metal snowflake from Finnabair and a metal Tim Holtz word label, and flowers from Prima and my LSS.  The silver lace is from Tresors de Luxe, the metal pin holding the silk ribbon is from 7 Gypsies.The word stickers in black are Tim Holtz, the moon and stars one is 7 Dots. I fussy cut tiny pink and lavender flowers from Lemoncraft's Violet Silence, and some of their butterflies too. The birds and moth are foil accent overlays from 13 Arts. The moth stamps are Prima. I think the little cherub at the top is from Reminsce.

Wild Edible Plants: Wood Sorrel (Oxalis Acetosella) | Wood Sorrel (Oxalis Acetosella) is an amazing wild edible, that has leaves and flowers that are best eaten raw. Commonly called sour grass, and often confused with “yellow clover”, Wood Sorrel is a sour treat that will quench your thirst, while you enjoy it as a trail side nibble.

This flower pic is from Google.


I painted around the photo with Amethyst,underneath the chipboard. You can see a touch of blue to the left of the photo, Blue Lagoon Inklingz. The splatters are Amethyst.


The black and white fussy cut leaves are 13 Arts. The small feathers are from my yard. The local birds leave them in the birdbath. 



I painted the raised areas of the 13 Arts stencil of dandelions and script with Amethyst. I use a detail brush, it's pretty small.



The metal heart at the top of the photo is from 7 Gypsies. I dyed a piece of gauze with Pink but only used a couple strands of the page.




You can see some broken jewelry I added at the bottom of the pic.
I hope I have inspired you to try some Shimmerz paints.  I have always loved the ethereal look of watercolors, and the shades of these are just yummy.  Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment