Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 2, 2018

Moon Beams and Heart Strings


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a page for the February Mood Board at Mixed Media Warriors.I was inspired by the heart shaped wreath of flowers, which can be a symbol for romance.  







To make this page I used Cold Day paper from the "Until Dawn" collection at 13 Arts. I applied gesso with a cosmetic sponge, then used the Dandelion stencil from 13 Arts and put on texture paste with a credit card. I painted over the raised area with a combination of Shimmerz Inklingz paints that matched the peach tones in the image: A Rose by Any Other Name, Dear John Letter, and Ginger Snapped. I painted the watercolor paper under the image with the same combination of colors, but later put more paint on.Underneath the paper and image are two layers of foam core board, to add dimension.  




The clockface chipboard is from my stash, and the leafy ones are Dusty Attic. I painted the leaves and branches with Greener Pastures Inklingz, then while still wet dropped in blobs of Shimmerz Celery with a paintbrush. I loved the way it looked, but I still wanted Clear Rock Candy Crackle paint on top. I added gold mica powder, Fairy Wings Sparks Art Alchemy paint, and Sparks Iris Potion. To add visual interest I added a number of things: microbeads, rhinestones, sequins, distress glitter, a few Swarovski crystals, Prima - Finnabair Mechanical Trinkets,metal glitter in purple,silver, and  steel blue, pearls, Frosted mica flakes from Finnabair, and gold ones from Stampendous. 




You can see some green gauze around the image I dyed with a distress ink stamper, and cherubs fussy cut from Graphic 45 paper. The butterflies are from Lemoncraft's Violet Silence collection. The flowers are Prima,Petaloo, the tiny pink ones by the cherubs are Jolees, and the two tiny roses are Kaisercraft.  




I glued on pieces of white silk ribbon from my LSS that I dyed with Tim Holtz distress ink and Shimmerz celery paint.  
The moth at the bottom of the image is cut from transparent foil, what to me is an acetate overlay, "A Letter to you", Until Dawn, by 13 Arts.  The moon beams and heart strings sticker is from 7 Dots Fortune Teller. The tiny twisted metal is from the top of a champagne bottle, the metal that you take off before you take the cork out.




The butterfly to the left of the image is also by 13 Arts, it's cut from A4 Stickers, Until Dawn. 
You an see I added dried flowers from my yard, feathers the birds leave in the bird bath, dried moss from Michael's, and lichen from my yard. 




I added distress glitter,purple metal glitter, micro beads, and Sparks paint in Iris and Fairy Wings to the paper under the image. The green paint is Fairy Wings at the left of the image.



I painted on some Sparks Magical Pond in the above picture kind of randomly.




I added tiny pieces of gold metallic lace, black tulle, seed beads, and fresh lavender. The big pink gem is from Jolees.The little metal heart I think is from 7 Gypsies.
Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!I hope you find some time to enter this month's contest!













No comments:

Post a Comment