Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 4, 2018

True Love

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a guest design team page for Reneabouquet.com! I'm thrilled with all of the beautiful and high quality things I got to work with, especially Renea's own Beautiful Board. 

I've used one of my son and fiance's professionally done engagement photos. 




To make this page I first mounted the photo on watercolor paper. I used a piece of cardstock under the pic and attached it with double sided foam tape, then a piece of foam core board under that. There are two layers of foam core board between the watercolor paper and the bottom paper.




Using a Prima stencil and a credit card I put on a thick layer of texture paste. I used foam tape to put the photo on the page. I decided where all the BB was going to go, then took a photo of it to help me remember. I glued all the BB on with glossy accents,then added the big flowers.




Here's what I did with the BB:
1.- Sanded surface with a little sandpaper to help gesso to stick.
2. Painted texture paste on. Where I could I stretched out a strand and put it on with a brush, but the paste was pretty thick, mostly I just dabbed it on. 
3. Used a paintbrush to paint on gold paint.
4. Put on a layer of Rock Candy Clear crackle
5. Added more paint and gold mica powder in random areas.
6. Used glossy accents to adhere micro beads.
6. Using a detail brush I painted the inside edges of the BB with black gesso.




I painted the stenciled areas.



To add visual interest I added leaves,pearls,pink glass glitter, clear glass glitter, dried flowers, black tulle, gold metallic lace, seed beads, metal glitter, glass marbles, shells, feathers from the birdbath in my yard, and more.




This is a metal piece that I glued on gold lace to. I added some pressed flowers and pearls.
Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!

Here's a list of the things I used from Reneabouquets shop:











2 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa what a beautiful design perfect for the lovely photo!! I love your amazing texture behind that pic. Well done and congrats for your guest design ..xoxo

    ReplyDelete