Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 2, 2018

Let Your Spirit Take Flight


 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a page for Reneabouquet!  I was inspired by this photo to create a background with soft colors, and textures with swirling movement. I thought the Beautiful Board, or BB, I chose, fit the bill to reflect the elegance of the dancer.






To make this page I used a Prima stencil and applied texture paste. I used watercolors to paint everything. I have the photo mounted on watercolor paper. I put a layer of foam core board between the photo and the watercolor paper, and two layers of foam core board between that and the bottom layer. For the BB, I prepped it with gesso, painted it pink, and applied a layer of Ranger Crackle Paint. 




To add visual interest I used Glossy Accents to glue on the following,a Reneabouquet dragonfly, mica flakes, micro beads, seed beads, crystals, metal, bling, sequins,shells, glass,black tulle, gold leaf, glass glitter,lichen, feathers, pressed flowers,gold embroidery floss, and more.





Almost everything has a little gesso dry brushed on it. I added more watercolors to the BB, and kept adding layers of color to the page. 




I painted the raised areas of the texture paste with Art Alchemy Sparks Acrylic paint and watercolors too. I coated that with a thick layer of Crackle Paint. I outlined the painted areas with a detail brush and a mix of black watercolor crayon and water. I could have used black gesso but this way was less of a mess.




One of the last steps was dabbing a little gold mica powder on several areas, just to add a little extra color and shine.



Here are four photos that show the dimension more:










Here is a list of Reneabouquet products I used:


















You can find Reneabouquets here:



Reneabouquets Shop-http://www.Reneabouquets.com

Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful contrast and the design is very illustrative of the photo. LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete