Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Choose to Shine

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for Reneabouquets!  I was craving purple, so I picked this photo, and the fabulous lavender Moon Dance Moths to match.



To make this page I used paper from Blue Fern Tattered Walls. I applied texture paste with a Prima  stencil and a credit card. I attached a piece of cardstock to the back of the photo with double sided foam tape. I put a piece of watercolor paper under the photo, then two layers of foam core board.  




I used foam tape to attach the layers to the page. I painted the watercolor paper with Shimmerz Paints. I painted the Beautiful Board(BB), with Shimmerz, then applied a thick coat of Ranger Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I brushed on a little Prima Dragon's Eye Alchemy Paint,and more Shimmerz. I scribbled some Bark Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencil onto a piece of paper, added water, and brushed along the edges of the chipboard. I wanted to make the cracks on the surface more visible.





I dyed some gauze with Shimmers watercolors, and placed a little around the photo. To add visual interest I applied micro beads, seed beads, sequins, glass glitter, metal pieces,gold lace, feathers, lichens, pressed flowers, crystals,Beautiful Beads, glass beads, and a few small paper flowers.





After I added items, I brushed over them with watercolors. I also ran a Bark colored Derwent Inktense watercolor pencil over the surface of different areas.




I did a lot of dry brushing with the gold  paint, Prima Art Alchemy Sparks Paint, in Dragon's Eye. 





The large flakes are amazing to work with, I painted over them a little to create even more texture.

Here is a list of the items from Reneabouquets that I used:


















Thank you so much for looking,and have a great day!















No comments:

Post a Comment