Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Noted



Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for Shimmerz Paints! I love the color and sparkle of this product.
 I was inspired by the steampunk look of the photo, and wanted to extend the colors of it onto the page. 




To make this page I used paper from Blue Fern. I stenciled on texture paste with a Prima stencil. I arranged the Beautiful Board Chipboard by Reneabouquet, and put the photo on with two layers of foam core board. I sponged on gesso on the page with a cosmetic sponge. I painted the chipboard with gesso,then Christmas Cheer Shimmerz, then a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I did the same with some of the raised areas of the texture paste.





I added Colder Than Ice Shimmerz to some areas of  the chipboard and background. I put the microbeads on next by putting on some glossy accents, and pouring the beads on. 
  The dark shading is Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz.   





To add visual interest I added more micro beads, seed beads,distress glitter, lichen, dried flowers, feathers, rhinestones, charms,metal pieces, chain, gold leaf,lace,ribbon,glass beads, shells, tulle, mica flakes, and more. The dragonfly is from Vintaj.





The key and the metal shield are from Tim Holtz.




I also added a few other shades of yellow to the chipboard, Old Yeller and Miner, Miner 49er Inklingz, in kind of random places.  I painted some gesso on and put on more of the same colors I've mentioned. I rubbed on some gold mica powder on a few areas. The very pale pink color is Dear John Letter Inklingz.  






Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!










No comments:

Post a Comment