Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 17, 2018

Live Inspired


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a page for Shimmerz Paints! I have used some of my favorite colors to help express my love of creating pages. The shimmer and quality of this line is amazing! 





To make this page I used a small cosmetic sponge to make a base,on the center, so the 49 and Market paper didn't soak up the paint. I applied texture paste with a stencil. I put the photo on watercolor paper and layers of foam core board. I painted the watercolor paper with a mix of Blue My Mind, and Emerald City Inklingz. I put tulle around the photo to add definition.  





I painted the Reneabouquet chipboard with gesso, Green Olive Shimmerz , Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz, and a thick layer of  Rock Candy Crackle. I painted cheese cloth with Green Olive and a little water, and placed it around the photo. 




To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter, diamond shards,mica flakes, Prima flowers,dried leaves,lichen, moss,shells, lace,tulle, pearls, rhinestones, Tim Holtz metal, chain, old jewelry, and sequins. The little wood spool has silk ribbon on it.





I added a lot of gesso around the edges because the page got too busy. I added Penny 4 Your Thoughts around the photo layers, on the background paper, to add definition. The pink colors I used are A Rose By Any Other Name, Dear John Letter, and Angels Kiss Inklingz.  I painted on gesso in different areas to make things look less busy.  





Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week! 


























No comments:

Post a Comment