Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Fairy Lantern


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a Beautiful Board Explosion Ornament from Reneabouquets!  I love all the intricate cuts on this piece, they are just so beautiful. I'm going to hang this on my Christmas tree, and til then I'll have it on display in my kitchen.




To make this ornament I prepped all sides with gesso. To put it together I put the ballerina on with the stand that's provided. I took the bottom piece by the handles,and lifted it up as far as it would go. It fits around the piece with the ballerina on it, a little like putting a leg warmer on.   Beautiful Board Ballerina Explosion Ornament, Box,Gift Holder  If you go to that link, you can see more directions and photos.




I put the butterflies on first, and worked around them. To add visual interest I added microbeads, seed beads, crystals, glass beads,pearls, metal glitter, glass glitter,distress glitter,sequins, moss, lichen,pressed flowers, paper flowers,tulle, cheesecloth, silk ribbon.I used Glossy Accents to attach everything. I fussy cut pieces from Graphic 45 Fairy Frost.I used pale colors of Shimmerz Paints, mica powder,and Art Alchemy paints. 




I left the other two sides of the box plain, with just a coat of pale pink paint.




Here's a close up where you can see the B Board in more detail. 




This is the opposite side.

Here are the items from Reneabouquets that I used:












Thank you so much for looking,and have a great week!


You can find Reneabouquets here...

Reneabouquets

Reneabouquets Etsy Shop

Reneabouquets Blog

Reneabouquets Facebook Page














No comments:

Post a Comment