Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Live By Your Own Rules

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team post for Reneabouquets! I have used a Google free photo by A.M. Lorek. I was pretty happy that almost all of my supplies from Reneabouquets were just what I needed. I sponged some gesso on Prima's Lavender Frost, then applied texture paste with a stencil and a credit card. I prepped the Beautiful Board(B Board)with gesso, then painted it with Shimmerz. I applied a thick coat of Ranger Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I mounted the photo with some layers: using double sided tape I put cardstock behind the photo. I find that this helps the photo lie flat. When I get the images from CVS, they are curled. Even lying in tons of books, I couldn't flatten them.  I put a single layer of foam core board on, then watercolor paper, 2 layers of foam, then corrugated cardboard I'd ripped some of the surface off of. There's one more layer of foam between it and the background paper.



I started applying all the embellishments. To add visual interest, I added:microbeads, glass glitter, metal glitter,distress glitter, seed beads, pearls, crystals, rhinestones, pressed flowers, dried moss,pieces from floral picks, a Prima flower,shells, metal from Reneabouquets, Tim Holtz, and Vintaj. You can also see tulle, cheesecloth,sequins, chain, and a little stamping too.



As I added items, I whited areas out with gesso to keep things balanced. I added more color to the B Board with Prima Finnabair Art Alchemy paints,alcohol inks, and rubbed on mica powder all over the page.



I did a lot of dry brushing, where you put a small amount of paint on the brush, and apply it gently over the surface.




I used a lot of diamond chunky glitter glass, I sprinkled it on any of the pale pink Shimmerz Paint when it was wet.



I drew out the beads from the woman's headdress with seed beads. I think copper and purple look great together. 




I painted some of the flower with gesso, and sprinkled microbeads, seed beads, and glitter on.



I love the brass key from Reneabouquets, I've used them in a number of pages. There are little holes on it that you can put pearls or rhinestones on.



I like to use metal, it gives a page depth and strength.



I guess you can tell I love adding detail!
Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!


List of products used:




















Come and see all the beautiful things at Reneabouquets:















2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Melissa. The top piece is almost like an extension of her headdress. Love it. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete