Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Make Today Count


Here's my new design team page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints! I have used a photo from google free, by A.M. Lorek. 





To make this page, I applied clear gesso to Prima Spring Farmhouse paper,then white gesso on the areas where I wanted to put the photo and embellishments. Later I put gesso over the whole page,it was too busy.  I smoothed on texture paste with the Celtic stencil from TCW, then put the layers with the photo together: I tore off parts of the surface paper of corrugated cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I added the photo with a layer of cardstock taped on, then watercolor paper. I put layers of foam core board between everything to add dimension, and to allow room to tuck things into.







I picked out chipboard from Reneabouquets, and painted it with A Rose (by any other name), and Greener Pastures Inklingz. With a paintbrush I dribbled on a stream of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I later covered up the green and pink colors because I decided they didn't go with the photo. I used Steely Blue Eyes and I Love You Onyxly Inklingz. I dabbed on gold mica powder.





To add visual interest I applied micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter,glitter glue, mica flakes, pearls, rhinestones, Swarovski crystals, glass pebbles, beads, shells, pressed flowers, lichen, and leaves,white tulle, tiny pieces of gold lace, tulle, a butterfly from Reneabouquet, metal from Vintaj,Prima,  and my stash. There is a Prima Mould item to the right of the photo. I painted it with Steely Blue Eyes, and rubbed on gold mica powder.






All the grayish blue on the watercolor paper, cardboard, and background paper is Steely Blue Eyes.






I used red glitter glue and red micro beads under the photo. I later added Pixie Dust Blingz to lighten the color, gold mica powder,and gold micro beads.






I extended the woman's hand and arm onto the watercolor paper with a mix of A Rose (by any other name) Inklingz. and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz.  Penny is also below the chipboard at the top of the page, and in other areas. All the gold on the page is gold mica powder.






Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!










No comments:

Post a Comment