Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Embrace The Journey


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints! These paints are so wonderfully textured and colored, I love them! 
I've used a photo from free google, from Stella de Libero.




I took the photo below on a sunny day, the day after I had to post.





To make this page I applied texture paste with a stencil onto watercolor paper. I put the layers under the photo together, starting with taping on card stock under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a layer of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard.I tore off most of the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I put layers of cardboard between everything, to add dimension. I clipped the edges of the watercolor paper to a 12 x 12 " piece of cardboard to prevent warping. After I had the page all put together, I added first water, then Shimmerz Paint to the background paper. I used Teal the End of Time and Moonrock Shimmerz, and First Blush Inklingz. Later I painted on white Higgins Ink, to cover areas where it looked too busy with all the textural things, or if there was too much color. I also splashed the page with the  white ink. On the corrugated and waterpaper layers under the photo I used Moonrock, Honeymoon, First Blush, Penny 4 Your Thoughts,Imperial Amethyst, and Plum Crazy Inklingz. 


I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board, applied gesso with a cosmetic sponge, then painted it with Moonrock Shimmerz, and when dry, topped it with a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy. There is Pink Shimmerz at the left of the photo.








To add visual interest I added micro beads, glass glitter,metal glitter,seed beads,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals,rhinestones, acrylic crystals,pressed flowers and leaves, strands of gauze,tulle, small pieces of iridescent wrapping paper,gold mica flakes,gold leaf,shells,metal from Reneabouquets and Tim Holtz, flowers from Reneabouquets,and bling and metal from my stash. A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets.


























Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!
























































No comments:

Post a Comment