Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 12, 2019

Refridgerator magnets for Reneabouquets July 2019 Swap


Hi everyone! Melissa here with the Reneabouquets July 2019 Fridge Magnet Swap. I asked Renea what style of magnets she wanted. She asked me to make some using my mixed media style. The colors she picked were gold and bronze. 





To make these magnets I took two 3x3 canvases, and brushed on gesso. 
I picked out Beautiful Board, applied gesso with a brush, then painted it with Shimmerz Paints, and when dry, topped it with a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint.You can also see gold mica powder,and Prima White Gold Wax.  






To add visual interest I added the Tim Holtz images, micro beads, glass glitter,metal glitter,seed beads,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals,sequins,rhinestones,pressed flowers and leaves,lichen, strands of gauze,tulle, small pieces of iridescent wrapping ,gold leaf, shells,Tim Holtz, and bling and metal from my stash. I put everything on in stages, starting with the smallest, the microbeads and glitter. I brushed on layers of Shimmerz Paints in Honeymoon Inklingz, a lavender color. I used gold ink, Prima Metallic Gold Coin Paint, and Prima waxes. As I went I brushed and rubbed on gold mica powder. The stick type item with the butterfly on it is a thread of burlap ribbon. I used Glossy Accents,and double sided foam tape for everything.

Regular magnets weren't strong enough, so I put some very tiny ones on that were.I glued pieces of paper on them because I thought they might damage the surface of a fridge.





Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!














No comments:

Post a Comment