Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Shine Like The Whole Universe Is Yours



Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints. I love these                                                paints, the colors are so rich and fun to work with!







To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I put two layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension, and taped it to the background paper.

I coated Blue Fern Glory of the Garden paper with clear gesso, then applied Prima platinum texture paste with a Prima stencil and an old credit card. 

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,figured out where it would go on the page, took it off, and prepped it with white gesso. I painted it with Angels Kiss Inklingz. I topped it with a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle.


I painted the mat, corrugated, and background paper with Christmas Cheer Shimmerz, Angels Kiss, and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. I also used Ultra Marine Shimmerz,sometimes with Pool Me Close Shimmerz mixed in. Underneath the word Love is Greener Pastures Inkingz. I layered mica powders over and under layers of paint. Most of it is Citrine, a nice bright yellow that worked out well with this page. I usually just use Brilliant Gold.




I spread Citrine Mica Powder by Pearlex all around the page using my finger.

To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads,swarovski flat back crystals,glass shard glitter,glass beads, gold leaf,pearls,sequins,pressed flowers and leaves, a shell, gold lace, flowers from Reneabouquets and Prima, metal from Reneabouquets and bling and metal from my stash.  A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets,including the printed Beautiful Board.













Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!












No comments:

Post a Comment