Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 27, 2014

James St. Bluff , for Reneabouquet




Renea's beautiful purple dragonflies look terrific with this photo of my favorite view in the world. It's in Northport, on Long Island, about 46 miles east of New York City. My husband Rich grew up here, and his Mom's house is just a few minutes away. 

The chipboard is from Gina's Designs, I have so much fun working with it. 

I did some experimenting with paints. I put different types on a piece of folded wax paper, after misting some water on. I used dylusions, Viva precious colors,and twinkle H20s. I took a paint brush and mixed bits up, making different shades as I went. I painted the edges, and then I put a bunch on the watercolor ppr you see here. I cut it up into strips and used it to cover areas that I thought looked too busy from the stencil work. 















No comments:

Post a Comment