Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Explore

Hi everyone! Melissa here with my entry for the More Than Words July 2017 Main Challenge, EXPLORE & ARROWS. 

I want to EXPLORE different techniques in order to better my craft. I have used five chipboard ARROWS to show that I am looking all over for inspiration. 





To make this art journal page I cut a piece of canvas to fit on the watercolor paper of the art journal.
1. Paint page with white gesso
2. Use a stencil and apply Prima Clear Crackle
3. Glue main elements on with Glossy Accents,put a coat of white gesso over everything.
4.Spray with Tattered Angels, Rich Cocoa
5. Spray with Dylusion mists in Turquoise and Purple
6.. Layer on Blue Tattered Angels mist, then layers of Prima waxes. I used mainly Mystic Turquoise. Also included are layers of Prima Alchemy paint in Steampunk Copper. gold mica powder, watered down black gesso, Derwent Inktense Watercolor pencils,and turquoise liquid pearls. 
7. Add more texture with Distress Glitter and micro beads.





The chipboard arrows are Tim Holtz, the swirly ones were in my stash. The butterflies and birds are metal, from Martha Stewart. The little paintbrush and pen nib are Ken Oliver. The lace is by Tresors de Luxe. The flowers are from Recollections. The hummingbird on top of the flowers is by Paper House. The metal wings are mini Christmas decor from Hobby Lobby. The gears are Tim Holtz. I also have used shells and glass pebbles. I put the ballerina to symbolize how free doing this project made me feel, and how much fun I had!




Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Melissa, your art journal looks so elegant and wonderful !! I love your blue mist layering with the wax finishing touch !! Stunning work my dear... Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words this month. Have a nice day. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Very impressive! So much details to look at! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mixmedia work!!!
    Thank you for joining More Than Words challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work !! The background is absolutely beautiful !! Thank you for playing at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous canvas! I love all the details! Thank you for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete