Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 1, 2018

Dreamer of Dreams


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team page for the NEW JANUARY MOODBOARD 2018 CHALLENGE - COZY & WINTER    at the Mixed Media Warriors Challenge Blog.  




I was inspired by the gorgeous winter wood theme.




To make this page I used Blue Fern paper,Splendor, from the Seaside Cottage collection. I sponged gesso across the center, and applied texture paste using a Prima stencil and a credit card. Under the photo is corrugated cardboard that I'd ripped the top layer off. I painted on gesso, then Finnabair's Platinum crackle texture paste. The blue is Tattered Angels Blue Rasberry mist, Lindy's Stamp Gang (LSG)in Tibetan Poppy Teal, and Finnabair's Art Alchemy Blue Pond. I put a little glossy accent glue on and sprinkled Ultra Thick Embossing powder(UTEE) on top. The gold is Finnabair's Art Alchemy Steampunk Copper.I squeezed on Crackle Accent in different areas, then sponged on more gesso. I painted the edges of the cardboard with black gesso and water.

 I glued on dyed gauze and put the cardboard and photo on top. At the top of the photo is a Finnabair butterfly that I painted with LSG teal, crackle accent,black gesso, and UTEE. To the right of the photo is a Finnabair metal snowflake.

 At areas in the upper right and lower left of the page I painted on embossing medium,and sprinkled on UTEE. I melted it with a heat tool for an icy look. It's hard to see because a lot got covered by gesso later.

 Above the 7 Dots title sticker is a Finnabair metal element on top of a Vintaj medallion. 

The white powder is embossing powder that I glued on, I spread glossy accents on and poured the powder on top. 



I put clear crackle accent by Ranger on top of each bit of texture paste after I'd painted them with steampunk copper. To add more visual interest to the page I added dried moss, star sequins, star confetti, pearls, blue Swarovski crystals, metal charms,metal glitter,black tulle, tiny white lace flowers, Finnabairs clear mica flakes, gold mica flakes,gold mica powder, and microbeads.  There are some tiny white snowflake rub ons from Tim Holtz. I also used a die cut as a stencil and put on some tiny white stars with Platinum Crackle. During the whole process of making the page, and after, I sponged on white gesso to try and keep a balance of elements, so it didn't get too busy looking. I used white watercolor and also painted white gesso in the textured areas.  I rubbed on silver mica powder on many areas to soften the mat look of the white gesso.





The chipboard is from Dusty Attic,purchased from Scrapbook Diaries. I painted it with gesso, and coated it with a layer of Ranger Crackle Accent. It dries pretty rapidly, and after it had, I took an Inktense ink pencil in Bark color and ran it around the edges. The crackles took up the dark color, an unexpected but nice result. I added a little of the LSG teal on top,followed by Steampunk Copper.

Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!















No comments:

Post a Comment