Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Kindness Matters


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for Shimmerz Paints!  I really enjoyed using these paints, the colors are vibrant, and oh that shimmer!




To make this page, in a nutshell, I started with a layer of paint, then applied stripes of water and dabbed off paint with a paper towel.  I sponged on gesso on a lot of the page, then painted over it with a pale peachy pink called Dear John Letter.  





Here's the longer version: I took a piece of 12 x 12 watercolor paper, glued it onto a piece of cardboard with mat medium.  I was trying to prevent warping but I wound up with some anyway.  Next time I'll tape all the edges with masking tape,like I've seen on youtubes, and skip the cardboard. 
I applied paint in sections;I brushed on water with an inch wide brush, then quickly applied paint. Here's the colors I used: At the top left ,right,and lower left you can see pink, that's a combination of A Rose(By Any Other Name) and Plum Crazy Inklingz. At the bottom left and right is a little Bumbly Bee Shimmerz. The blue on the middle of the page is Steely Eyes Blue Inklingz. The bottom half of the page has Greener Pastures Inklingz on it.





I stenciled on texture paste in a thick layer using a credit card and a stencil. When dry I brushed on paint.The purple at the top middle and bottom middle is Plum Crazy Inklingz. 






I prepped and painted the chipboard with Greener Pastures Inklingz,and coated it twice with thick layers of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. It's topped with Dear John Letter. 





The photo is mounted on watercolor paper. I gave it dimension by using foam core board. I dyed some gauze with Greener Pastures Inklingz, and added it around the photo.
To create more visual interest, I added a lot of things: pressed flowers I've been collecting lately from walks, pearls, Prima flowers,tiny white roses from my LSS, metal glitter, seed beads, micro beads, rhinestones, some Swarovski crystals, tulle, shells, sequins, and a little fairy I fussy cut, from Graphic 45.  By the time I got done I realized  the page was too busy, I needed some negative space, where the eye can rest.I brushed on quarter inch stripes of water, and dabbed them off with a paper towel, this took some of the color off. I sponged and painted on gesso. I also dry brushed a lot of the raised areas with gesso. I then went back and painted on small amounts of Honeymoon and I Love U Truly Inklingz,(pale purple and pale green), over the raised areas. For example, the gauze, raised areas of texture paste, flowers, and even some of the dried flowers.  On the left border of the page, you can see a dusky pink, it's called Gold n Roses Shimmerz. It's a fantastic color and consistency, it has texture in it almost like a very fine sand.



The tan color on the watercolor paper under the photo is A Penny For Your Thoughts Inklingz, the pink is A Rose By Any Other Name, the pale purple is Honeymoon. The title is a 7 Dots Sticker. All the pastels, and gentle feel of the page made me think that title fit.

Thank you so much for looking, and when you order, if you put my name in the comments section, you can get free paint!  Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment