Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Audrey Hepburn


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a DT layout for the Mixed Media Warriors Challenge Blog.




To make this page I put drywall tape on a sheet of 12 x 12 watercolor paper. I put gesso on the chipboard to prep it, then dabbed on a thick coat of texture paste with a brush. I swirled the paste as if I was frosting a cake.  I painted on a mix of purples and blues from Dylusion Mists, Tattered Angels, and Lindy's. I layered on Finnabairs waxes, gold acrylic stencil paint from Moments, and Prima Steampunk Copper Acrylic paint. 



I glued on pieces of a silver lace applique from Tresors de Luxe, and a few fussy cut Graphic 45 things - ferns,and a butterfly.



I started filling in colors on the white paper bg, I used a mix of Tattered Angels in Rasberry Blue with Lindys Sea Mist Green, and Rich Mocha by itself. It got too busy so I put on some texture paste and gesso to cover the colors up.  I put black gesso behind the chipboard, then Violet Green Opal Magic Art Alchemy over the black. 




I added bling and pearls, shells, glitter,microbeads,glitter glue, white embossing powder, Petaloo flowers, silk ribbon from my LSS, and lavender trim from Hobby Lobby.



I painted on some silver acrylic paint and gold mica powder.



There are several layers of medium on the chipboard, it took awhile before I got the result I wanted.



Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!































No comments:

Post a Comment