Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

See Beauty Everywhere


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team page for the amazing Reneabouquets! Go and see all the beautiful things there!

I have used a photo from free google, by A.M. Lorek.






To make this page I brushed clear gesso on paper by Blue Fern Studios.I put texture paste on with a credit card and a Prima stencil,and then put the layers under the photo together. I taped on card stock under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a layer of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard.I tore off most of the paper from the surface from the cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I put layers of foam core board between everything, to add dimension. I added lace to either side of the page, then glued on pieces of Stameria Art Alchemy paper around the layers. 





I picked out Beautiful Board.and placed it where I wanted it around the page. I painted the BBoard itwith gesso, then a mix of two Shimmerz Paints, Steely Blue Eyes Inklingz, and Green Olive Shimmerz. I topped it with Ranger Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint.




I used green and brown Shimmerz on the watercolor paper, and on the cardboard.
To add visual interest I glued on micro beads, glass glitter,mica flakes, seed beads,glass beads, pearls,sequins, Swarovski crystals,rhinestones,tiny pieces of gold lace and black tulle,pressed flowers and leaves, flowers from Prima, metal from Reneabouquets,andTim Holtz,Vintaj, and bling and metal from my stash. 





I used some blue paint around the layers, on the background paper. I rubbed on copper wax, then layers of gold and aqua mica powders, on the edges of the layers. I rubbed on black ink around the outside border of the bg paper. I painted the top and bottom of the bg paper with a thin layer of brown Winsor and Newton watercolors, I had taken a photo of what Id done so far and decided it needed more brown. I brushed on white ink in areas, to create more negative space. I had used too much brown. I splashed on white ink as well.




My father in law used to collect moose, so I stamped one on. There's a cat stamp to the left of it for my mother in law, she adored her cats. It's kind of hard to see.
I rubbed on gold mica powder on a lot of surfaces of all the textural elements, to kind of tie things together.

Here's some photos that show even more detail, and they're angled to show the dimension.






















Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!



You can find Reneabouquets here...


Reneabouquets items I used:






























No comments:

Post a Comment