Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 7, 2019

Reneabouquets DT Project - "Make A Difference", a page by Melissa Larson

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new page for the amazing Reneabouquets, go and see all the beautiful things there! I've used a photo from free google, by Stella de libero.





To make this page I applied texture paste to watercolor paper with an old credit card. I put the layers under the photo together,starting with taping on card stock under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a layer of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface, and painted it with gesso. While it was wet I poured on Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, and heated it until it was just melted. I put two layers of cardboard between the layers to add dimension. The background is watercolor paper.

I put the layers with the photo onto the page.

I picked out Beautiful Board, applied gesso with a brush, painted with gold mica powder and water, glued the BB on the page with Glossy Accents,and applied a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. 

I brushed on water on the bg paper, and Shimmerz Paints, I did this with several colors. Some I dabbed off, and here and there I sprinkled on Diamond Chunky Glitter Glass into the wet paint.













To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, gold leaf,glass glitter, distress glitter, glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals, rhinestones, glass pebbles, pressed flowers and leaves, strands of cheesecloth,tulle,lace, gold leaf, metal from Tim Holtz, a flower from Prima, pieces of floral picks, and bling and metal from my stash.

I took colors from the photo and put pink mica powder and water over the corrugated, along with pink Shimmerz Paint, in Hot Stuff. I tried to balance the intensity of the black and the pink, with the background.  For one of the final steps,I tucked in black tulle under the corrugated.





I splashed Higgins white ink around the page. 

I used some Prima and Finnabair stamps with black ink.

I edged the the corrrugated, watercolor paper mat, and some of the chipboard with Amsterdam Black Ink.

I used a Bark colored Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencil to scribble around some of the raised textures, then brushed over them with water.





Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!



You can find Reneabouquets here...



Reneabouquets items I used:  



















2 comments:

  1. This is a FABULOUS one Melissa! You can see the ReneaBouquets BB so well! Love that you showcased the photo and just its surroundings this time. Not that your textures aren't pretty, but this one just blows me away!

    ReplyDelete