Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 24, 2020

Live Simply


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints. I love these paints, the colors are so rich!

I've used a photo by Anthony Tran.







To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I put two layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension, and taped it to the background paper.

I applied texture paste with a stencil and a credit card on paper from Prima's Capri collection.

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,arranged it around the page, took it off, and prepped it with gesso. I painted them with  Dear John Letter Inklingz,and added a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crystal. Later I added a little Me & Blue  Inklingz, and some gold mica powder. Underneath the half circle of chipboard on the right I added Penny 4 Your Thoughts and Oakie Bear Blue Inklingz. On the cardboard I used the two blue colors I've mentioned, and Pink-A-Boo Inklingz . I added gold mica powder, and the Penny color around the edges. For the background paper I used mostly Me and Blue, and Penny 4 Your Thoughts, but also Pixie Dust and  Christmas Cheer Shimmerz, and 24 Karatz Dazzlerz Foilz. The last product listed is not in the store as of now. It's very shimmery, and has the gold tone I really like.

A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets. 






To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, glass shard glitter,distress glitter,gold leaf,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals, rhinestones,sequins,shells, pressed flowers and leaves,iridescent wrapping paper,rub ons, strands of gauze, tiny pieces of gold lace,flowers from Prima and Reneabouquets, metal from Tim Holtz, and bling and metal from my stash. The gorgeous butterfly is from Reneabouquets.










Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!







No comments:

Post a Comment