Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Reneabouquets Design Team page, Look On The Bright Side


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new page for the amazing Reneabouquets, go and see all the fun treasures there!

Photo credit: Alexandru Zdrobau








To make this page I applied clear gesso to Blue Fern Jane's Memoir's paper. I put the layers under the photo together,starting with taping on watercolor paper under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and under that is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I put two layers of corrugated cardboard between each layer to add dimension. 

I put the layers with the photo onto the page. I applied texture paste with a stencil to the paper with an old credit card. While the texture paste was wet, I sprinkled on Ultra Thick Embossing Powder. I melted it with a heat tool.

I picked out Beautiful Board(BBoard),prepped it with gesso, painted it with Prima -  Sparks Acrylic Paint - Dragon's Eye, and topped it with a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I used Peacock's Plume Shimmerz to make the cracks show more. I held a brush full of watered down Shimmerz up against the edge of the dried crackle,and the cracks absorbed the color.






To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads,glass glitter, glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals, rhinestones,sequins,gold leaf, pressed flowers and leaves,tulle,small pieces of gold lace and tulle trim, a few strands of cheesecloth I painted with Christmas Cheer Shimmerz Paint,iridescent wrapping paper, metal from Reneabouquets,Vintaj,shells,flowers from Reneabouquets and Prima, and bling and metal from my stash. There are small fussy cut pieces from Graphic 45 papers.

I sponged on gesso on the background paper, and used Shimmerz Paints in Blue My Mind,Steely Blue Eyes,and Dear John Letter Inklingz to complement the colors of the photo. All the gold on the page,except for the chipboard, is gold mica powder and water .I painted the mat and corrugated with Shimmerz with the same combination of colors.












 The final step was flicking on white ink.




Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!



You can find Reneabouquets here...
Reneabouquets Items I used:






















No comments:

Post a Comment