Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Reneabouquets Design Team Page, Sleep And Dream, by Melissa Larson



Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new page for the amazing Reneabouquets. Go and see all the fun treasures there!

Photo credit:Unsplash

@mlarson525 I have a 29 second Instagram video of when I started painting this page.




To make this page I applied clear gesso to 49 and Market paper. I put the layers under the photo together,starting with taping on watercolor paper under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and under that is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I put two or three layers of corrugated cardboard between each layer to add dimension. 

I put the layers with the photo onto the page. I applied Prima Platinum Crackle Paste with a stencil to the paper with an old credit card. 

I picked out Beautiful Board(BBoard),prepped it with gesso, painted it with green and gold Shimmerz on the leaves and stars, and topped them with a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I painted the BB Small Stackable Honey Bee Pattern with Pixie Dust Shimmerz, then a little green Shimmerz and some crackle.I added a few pieces of Sweet Daisy BBoard.









To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads,glass glitter, glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals, rhinestones,sequins,gold leaf, pressed flowers and leaves,tulle,iridescent wrapping paper, flowers from Reneabouquets , metal from Reneabouquets, clay pieces from a Prima Mould,a glass bottle I put some chain inside,and bling and metal from my stash. There are small fussy cut pieces from Graphic 45 papers.

I made the background with layers of Shimmerz paints, white ink,Prima waxes,alcohol ink, distress ink, and citrine colored Mica powder. I topped a lot of the page with a gold paste by Shimmerz. I added white gesso to make some negative space, because the page got too busy. I flicked on white ink at the end.

I glued on iridescent wrapping paper on the copper spoon, and glued moonstones on top. I wrapped on some copper wire. I added shimmerz paint, prima waxes, and mica powder. The little orange things are seeds from a flower from a bunch that my husband surprised me with a few weeks ago.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment