Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Merry And Bright


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerzpaints! I love their rich texture and colors! 

Photo credit: Jonathan Borba, at Unsplash





To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger and lie flat. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with white gesso. I put one or two layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension, and taped it to the background paper with double sided foam tape.

 I applied Prima Platinum texture paste to Blue Fern's Christmas Cheer paper with a small spatula and a Prima bubble stencil. I used regular texture paste because I didn't use enough the first time, and for crackle applied Clear Rock Candy Crackle.

I attached the flowers first with double sided foam tape. I added the beads, then the paint.

I painted the mat with Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz over Pixie Dust Blingz. The green is Greener Pastures Inklingz. I used Penny on the background paper, and also used Christmas Cheer Shimmerz





To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads,glass glitter, clear acrylic rhinestones,glass beads, pearls,rhinestones,swarovski crystals,pressed flowers,bark,iridescent wrapping paper,gold leaf,tulle, cheesecloth painted with Christmas Cheer,lace,sisal, metal from Reneabouquets,and Prima,flowers from  Reneabouquets and Prima,and bling and metal from my stash. Most of the things are glued on individually with Glossy Accents.

I used double sided foam tape to put the cardboard layers together.I layered in fussy cut images from Graphic 45.The painted Beautiful Board is from Reneabouquets,and so are the chipboard snowflakes. There is a Santa with his sleigh rub on at the bottom from Tim Holtz, it didn't come out too good. I flicked on gold Jaquard mica powder as a last step.












There is a Santa with his sleigh rub on at the bottom from Tim Holtz, it didn't come out too good. You can see it under the snowman.

 I flicked on gold Jaquard mica powder as a last step. 


Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment