Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 15, 2022

The Magic Of Christmas Never Ends, For The Shimmerz Paints Design Team


 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new post for the amazing ShimmerzPaints! Go and see all the fun                                                 treasures there!                                







I made 12 gift tags with a book box to put them in. I'm going to give them to family for mini Christmas cards. I used a reindeer stamp that measures 3" x 3". It's by Stampendous at Hobby Lobby, I've had it for a few years and finally used it. I keep it on display year round in my scrap room,that's how much I like it.
To make these cards I used watercolor paper, on one I used handmade paper, the one I show below.
They are all about 3 by 3 inches. I scored the folds with an exacto knife with a ruler.and used a bone folder to make the fold. I stamped the images and started painting. I used #0 watercolor brushes, they're very small.
I brushed on white gesso for accents at the end, and that sort of pulled everything together. I experimented with what colors I liked the most. Penny 4 Your Thoughts is the basic color here. So Sappy was perfect for a golden hue on top of the Penny.  I found putting a small amount on the brush and working in layers was what worked, letting the paint dry in between.














  Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week! 


 














No comments:

Post a Comment