Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I Love and Adore You

Hi everyone, Melissa here with a mixed media card on watercolor paper.  



\
To make this card I put Prima Heavy White Gesso on top of gauze, the added layers of Rambling Rose Lindy's Stamp Gang and Winsor and Newton watercolors.  I stenciled on homemade modeling paste through a 6" x 6" stencil called "Birds of a Feather." 


The Crafter's Workshop - 6 x 6 Doodling Templates - Mini Birds of a Feather
     





To add visual interest I added microbeads, vintage glass glitter, seed beads, shells, Ranger Rock Candy Clear Crackle, and small pieces of lace. The flowers are Prima, the cherub is Authentique. The words are Tim Holtz.  The heart is Tim Holtz chipboard with gesso and Lindy's rose, a thick layer of crackle paint on top, and more of the rose over that.  





The little key on the bottom right is by Vintaj.




I dabbed gesso on top with a sponge.

I also dry brushed some Art Alchemy Opal Magic paint on top in Aqua Rose , and Violet Green. You can see some areas where I've used Derwent Inktense pencil, I used bark and forest green.

Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Opal Magic - Aqua Rose

  

I brushed and rubbed on gold and pearl mica powder.




You can tell I like a lot of detail and texture, right?


Thank you so much for looking, and have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment