Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Let Your Spirit Take Flight


Hi everyone!Melissa here with a page for Shimmerz Paints! I love using these paints, the quality and shimmer are amazing!




I was craving pink, so I picked this photo to work with. I also really wanted to use flowers, and everything else had to balance with them. I wanted to keep those flowers, and not have things get so busy I'd have to take them off.

I took a piece of Blue Fern Paper from Seaside Cottage, and applied texture paste with a stencil. I picked out some chipboard from Reneabouquet, and decided where it would go. 

I attached cardstock to the underside of the photo with double sided foam tape. I put two layers of foam core board under the photo. I attached the layers to the page. I wanted some room under the photo to tuck things into.

I sponged on gesso with a cosmetic sponge, to make a surface for the paint. Otherwise the paper just soaks up the paint.




What I like the effect of is painting over different items with paint. I pooled the paint over micro beads, and it gives the beads a lot of definition. Sometimes I used gesso, then painted over that.  I added a lot of glass shard pieces from Reneabouquet, and brushed Dear John Letter Inklingz over it.


To add visual interest I used the following: micro beads, seed beads, pearls, bling, Prima flowers, sequins, crystals,plastic and glass rhinestones, gold leaf,mica, glass glitter, threads of cheesecloth,lace, metal from Tim Holtz, pressed dried flowers and leaves,lichen, moss, bark, and feathers. I fussy cut a few things from Graphic 45 and other places.




The chipboard was first painted with gesso, then Shimmerz,and finally coated with Ranger Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I added more paint on top.





The title sticker is from 7 Dots. I drew around it with a Derwent Inktense watercolor pencil, and brushed on water to soften the lines. I used the pencil in several areas around the page. I was trying to give the page more definition and depth.  






I rubbed on gold mica powder in different places. I glued on all the embellishments and pieces with Glossy Accents. I used a lot of gesso over the textures, and left a lot just white. I kept adding gesso to keep things balanced, and not too busy looking. At the end I rubbed on white mica powder.





Here's a list of the Shimmerz Paints I used:

Inklingz:








Shimmerz:





Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!
































No comments:

Post a Comment