Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Practice Kindness


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for Shimmerz Paints!  I love the color, shine, and texture of Shimmerz a lot. I chose this photo because it has a little of a fall atmosphere, and I love owls. I found the photo on Google free photo, the artist is A M Lorek.




To make this page I used Blue Fern paper from the Remnants collection, and pieces from Stamperia's Alchemy line. I put a piece of cardstock under the photo with double sided tape. This was to help the photo lie flat and to make it more sturdy. Under that is watercolor paper with foam core board in between. I tore part of the surface off the corrugated cardboard and coated the outside with gesso,and put two layers of core board underneath it.I painted the watercolor paper with First Blush Inklingz, and used Christmas Cheer Shimmerz on the cardboard. I applied texture paste around the page with a stencil and a credit card,and added some gesso on the paper.

I prepped Reneabouquets chipboard with gesso, then painted it with Green Olive Shimmerz.I added a thick layer of Ranger Clear Rock Candy. All the yellow on the page is Christmas Cheers Shimmerz. Almost all the brown on the page is Penny 4 Your Thoughts. I took a Bark Inktense Watercolor Pencil and rubbed it over the raised areas of the texture paste, then brushed on water to soften the lines.



To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, rhinestones, plastic crystals, glass beads,glass pebbles,pearls,glass glitter, mica powder, shells, moss, lichen,feathers, pressed flowers, Prima flowers, a pinecone, and pieces from artificial flower picks.The little pressed yellow flowers are buttercups. The metal butterfly and big gear type pieces are from Finnabair. The key and small heart, and word metal is from Tim Holtz. There are a few small things from Vintaj.




I added chain and jump rings to all the Tim Holtz metal. I always like to make a cluster of things under the photo. I used pieces of dyed cheesecloth around the page.



I love how shiny the Christmas Cheer is!



This and the next three photos are from my cell phone. It was cloudy outside and I thought these would show more detail.


The stencil has a clockface with a bee in the center. It's kind of hard to see.



I added Penny 4 Your Thoughts to the microbeads in a lot of places. I dabbed on gold mica powder on many areas.



Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week! 






















No comments:

Post a Comment