Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 23, 2019

Look On The Bright Side



Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team page for the amazing Reneabouquets! Go and see all the beautiful things there!I have used a photo from free google, from Stella de Libero.






To make this page I applied texture paste with a stencil onto watercolor paper. I put the layers under the photo together, starting with taping on card stock under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a layer of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard.I tore off most of the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I put layers of foam core board between everything, to add dimension. I painted the cardboard with gesso .






I picked out Beautiful Board, applied gesso with a cosmetic sponge, then painted it with Shimmerz Paints, and when dry, topped it with a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint.I used a wet on wet technique, I brushed on color, then while wet, dropped in different colors. The crackle paint gives it an even, spread out appearance.  You can also see gold mica powder, I dabbed it on to sort of tie everything together.  
  The moose stamp is there because my father in law collected moose knick- knacks.





To add visual interest I added micro beads, glass glitter,metal glitter,distress glitter,seed beads,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals,rhinestones,pressed flowers and leaves,tulle, small pieces of iridescent wrapping paper, shells,metal from Tim Holtz,a flowersfrom Reneabouquets and Prima, and bling and metal from my stash.

There is a lot of Shimmerz Paints, in lavender,purple, and pink. I layered on the different colors, until I got the effect I wanted. On the edges of the cardboard,watercolor mat, and bg watercolor paper, I brushed on a teal color. I also added Prima waxes to different areas






I added stamping at the end, by Prima mostly. I splattered on white Higgins ink. 



















The above photo is to show some of the dimension of the page.
Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!


You can find Reneabouquets here...



Reneabouquets items I used:







































No comments:

Post a Comment