Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Beautiful Girl and Spring Colors

Hi everyone! Melissa here with my Design Team take on the March Mood Board, at Mixed Media Warriors. Spring is the best season here in Texas, and we're right in the middle of it now. 
  I have used a photo of my son's beautiful girlfriend,Aron. 


No automatic alt text available.


I used the color palette in the bottom middle photo of the moodboard.







To make this page I took a sheet of 12 x 12 watercolor paper and put some gauze on with gesso. I put homemade texture paste on with a few stencils. I painted it with a mix of white acrylic paint and Lindy's Stamp Gang. I painted over some of the page with white paint to create some negative space,  then used a brush to apply texture paste to several areas.





To add visual interest I put on flowers, pearls, die cut sizzix leaves and butterflies,micro beads,seed beads,and bling.




I ran a bark colored Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencil over the surface by holding the pencil sideways,I wanted to make the gauze texture more visible.




I used several kinds of Prima and Petaloo flowers.  I made the chiffon purple one.




Thank you so much for looking, and have a great day!











No comments:

Post a Comment