Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Hi everyone! Melissa here with my second post of the month for Shimmerz Paints! I love the rich tones and sparkling effects I can achieve with Shimmerz! I have used an engagement photo of my son and his fiance.




To make this page I mounted the photo on watercolor paper. I used a layer of foam core board between the photo and the watercolor paper, and two layers underneath it and the background paper.The background paper is from Stamperia. I stenciled on some stars using a Jim Holtz stencil, and texture paste with an old credit card. I glued on the big Reneabouquets gears,and prepped them with gesso. I added two flowers from Prima. At this point I decided what colors to paint the gears and the paper. I used Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz on the gears,and a mix of two colors on the paper: a lavender color Inklingz named Honeymoon, and Oakie Bear Blue Inklingz. On top of the two I added a light layer of the Penny color.

I added a thick layer of Ranger Clear Rock Candy on the chipboard. When it was dry, I added a small amount of I Love You Onyxly Inklingz to the edges of the chipboard, to help make the cracks more visible.






To add visual interest I added the following: micro beads, seed beads, charms, Tim Holtz metal, Finnabair metal, feathers from the bird bath in my yard, dried and pressed flowers, chain, gold leaf, black tulle, distress glitter, metal glitter,pearls, rhinestones, and more. I wanted to use some small chipboard hearts and stars in Tim Holtz shapes, but I only had the negative part of the chipboard left. I traced some new ones out onto watercolor paper,fussy cut them, painted them with Penny, and put crackle paint on.





The gold stars are Tim Holtz rub ons. The sand looking stuff is dry Ranger Frayed Burlap embossing powder. With my finger I brushed on gold mica powder over dry gesso to kind of tone down the detail of the background paper. All the blue on the chipboard and the page is the same mix mentioned earlier.



Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!










No comments:

Post a Comment